The Corridor: Fist Bump is Out !?!?

The Corridor

We are a church community committed to having an incarnational presence in the Washington/Baltimore Corridor.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Fist Bump is Out !?!?



One thing I learned from the Super Bowl is that the “fist bump” is out. This saddened me deeply to hear because this is my primary way of greeting my brothers and sisters (with a holy fist bump) and saying hello.

Of course the new alternative to the fist bump looks fun, a hard slap to the face; done in love of course. I have tried this out some (I tried it on Gordon when we said goodbye after the Super Bowl party), but this new greeting has not been received well.

One of our goals of our church plant is to be culturally relative so perhaps it would be best to keep up with the times and go with the face slap greeting. At the same time, maybe we should stick with the old school fist bump like the ancients used and like the Apostles of the early church.

What do you think?



3 Comments:

Blogger Karrie Diggs said...

My husband neglected to mention that he tried the slap greeting on me as well (Gordon can vouch for me). I DON'T recommend this as the Corridor greeting, it could get very UGLY! :-)
Karrie

8:53 PM  
Blogger James Diggs said...

O yea...I’ve learned that this is not the best greeting for my wife....but don't worry we made up- starting with a "holy kiss" and then on to other holy things. ;)

This is more proof that God works all things together for gooooooood.

Peace,

James

10:46 AM  
Blogger Dean Whisnant said...

And you thought people might not be reading your comments.. Awe, how cute ;-)... But really, slap them Bud drinkers and fist bump the rest!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home