The Corridor: Something Different For Thanksgiving

The Corridor

We are a church community committed to having an incarnational presence in the Washington/Baltimore Corridor.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Something Different For Thanksgiving


I was thinking the other day about Thanksgiving and I thought the obvious thought that Thanksgiving is a time to GIVE thanks. But that lead me to think about GIVING thanks in terms of giving something like a gift. I know, this still isn’t some mind blowing revelation, but it made me think that maybe I should start a new family tradition in my home in which we would give the gift of thanks to others.


What I am saying is that Thanksgiving gives us a great opportunity to give someone the gift of telling them “thank you” for the ways God has used them to bless your life.

I still think Thanksgiving is the perfect opportunity to be thankful and to count the blessing we have; we certainly should still offer our thanks up to God as our love offering to Him. But, this Thanksgiving in addition to expressing your thankfulness to God, give someone the gift of telling them “thank you” for what they mean to you in your life.

Please feel free to share your thoughts about Thanksgiving and/or the people and things you are thankful for in the comments.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

Thanks James! That's a great point to remember and put into practice. In fact, although it may sound cliche, I need to do this year-round, not just the third Thursday in November...

8:37 PM  
Blogger Karrie Diggs said...

I want to start by thanking James (my precious husband) for his vision, his willingness to take risks and his authentic approach to life and to relationships. You are a great man, a tremendous best friend and the love of my life.

I want to continue by thanking all of you who stand beside James and I as we seek to fulfill that which we feel God has called us to. I know at times the desired result seems far off, but taking this journey together is in itself a gift, and having you along has been a blessing in more ways than I could count. Thanks for being yourselves, for lending your hearts and minds to this task and for sharing your lives with us.
Thanks to you all for the friendship and accountability you offer.
I love you.
Happy Thanksgiving!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home